I’m not a big fan of blueberries and never really got used to eating them on a regular basis. I did try a few times but it never really seemed to stick. That why this recipe can really help you get all those awesome health benefits that blueberries can offer, especially if you don’t like eating them alone. This is a stellar low carb scone recipe that will go perfectly with your coffee or tea so I do urge you to try it out.
- Preheat your oven to 325 F / 160 C
- take out your food processor and add the almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, xanthan gum, salt, xylitol and cold butter. Pulse it until it resembles bread crumbs making sure NOT to over process.
- Turn into a mixing bowl and add the egg, sour cream, lemon zest, and blueberries and mix just enough to form a rough, soft dough. Be gentle so you don’t smash the blueberries.
- Turn onto a board (use almond flour to dust if sticky) and knead about 5 times until the dough is all together. Be very gentle. The dough will be very shaggy.
- Flatten the dough lightly with your hand until it is a 1 1/2 inch thick. T
- Use a round 2 1/2 inch metal cutter to cut into thick circles.
- Very gently push the dough out of the cutter and place scones on a baking sheet.
- Brush with beaten egg.
- Bake in the center of the oven for 20 – 22 minutes until golden brown